The Business Analyst guides project teams in defining and documenting requirements as part of the software development lifecycle.
IT Planning Group
A group of IT management staff that meets weekly to evaluate, monitor, and prioritize projects for IT.
IT Tech/OP Leadership
A group composed of IT directors, program directors and other designated managers that meets weekly to discuss strategic issues. One major task undertaken at these meetings is to review and prioritize proposed projects.
Person responsible for organizing, scheduling, and facilitating team meetings and project discussions; developing the project plans; and maintaining project documentation. The Project Manager may also be responsible for sending Requests for Proposals (RFPs), working with vendors, and tracking the financials of the project.
The project owner confirms the need within their area of responsibility, validates objective(s), provides the functional specifications, administers, monitors, and is responsible for the overall delivery of the project/product.
The project sponsor commissions others to deliver the project, is responsible for championing the project, and accepts responsibility as the escalation path for problems. The project sponsor provides vision and high level direction for the project.
The project team is the group of individuals brought together to work the project. Depending on the type of project, the team will have representatives from different IT departments, and may also include representatives from around the University. It is the responsibility of team members to:
- Attend scheduled project team meetings.
- Be actively involved and represent their department.
- Review and provide feedback on project work products, such as the Project Charter, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and Service Handbook.
- Communicate to their management the status of the project, and the impact to their department in terms of resource commitment and scheduling.
- Complete assigned action items in a timely manner.
- Participate in post-implementation review of project.