Outlook for Mac
Microsoft Outlook 2011 Features
Check out these Microsoft resources to learn about the new features available in Outlook 2011:
- Outlook Basics - a great overview to get comfortable with Outlook 2011
- What's New - click on the Familiar, Easy and Professional tabs to see all the new features
- Learning Roadmap for Outlook 2011 - videos and tutorials to teach you about basics and new features
Accessing your email
There are several email client options to choose from to access KU email services. Older versions of clients, not listed here, are not compatible with Exchange 2010. KU Information Technology can support the following configurations:
- Outlook Web App (OWA)- OWA 2010 supports the complete, premium experience on Mac OS X with Safari or Firefox. More information about OWA.
- Outlook 2011 for Mac - KU IT recommends that all Mac users who are running Mac OS 10.5 or higher use Outlook 2011, part of the Microsoft Office 2011 package. Current KU faculty, staff and students can purchase this software for their personal computers through KU's Microsoft Campus Agreement. More information about Outlook 2011.
- MacMail - Mac users who are running Mac OS 10.5.4 and 10.6 can also use MacMail.
- Entourage Exchange Web Services (EWS) edition - If you have an older Mac, you may need to upgrade to Entourage EWS.
- The ideal email client for you is dependent upon the processor and Mac OS 10 version on your computer. See chart below:
*To determine the version of Mac OS, go to the Apple menu, and click About This Mac.
Getting Ready to Use Outlook 2011
- Make sure your computer meets the installation requirements
- Purchase Office 2011 (see instructions for purchasing Microsoft products).
- See what's new and learn how to use Outlook 2011
Minimum Installation Requirements
|Processor||Mac computer with an Intel processor|
|Memory||1 GB of RAM recommended|
|Operating system||Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later|
|Hard disk||2.5 GB of available hard disk space|
|Monitor||1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor|