Outlook for Windows
Outlook provides users with a wide range of new features including:
- Conversation view - By default, messages are displayed in threads, so all messages with the same subject are grouped together, which means less time wasted searching for a previous message on that topic. When a new message in a thread comes in, the whole thread moves chronologically to the top of your Inbox.
- Ignore option - If you subscribe to mailing lists, you know that sometimes the group engages in discussions that do not interest you. Now you have the option to not see all of the discussions.
- Calendaring - See attendee's availability immediately, or use Schedule View to see multiple calendars at once. You can even overlay calendars to find openings in schedules, or email your calendar to individuals not using Outlook.
- Improved Inbox view - Now you have access to email, calendaring and tasks all in the same window. You can click on an appointment or task and make changes to it without leaving your Inbox.
- Quick contact search - A quick search of all emails, attachments and meetings with an individual is available at the bottom of every email
- Mail Tips - Instantly alerts you to potential distribution issues (e.g., the person you are sending to is out of the office).
KU IT recommends that all Windows users install Outlook, part of the Microsoft Office package. Current KU faculty, staff and students can purchase this software for their personal computers through KU's Software Web Store. If you prefer to not purchase Microsoft Office, please use Outlook Web App (OWA), located at mail.ku.edu.