Hawk Drive Support
Hawk Drive is a web-based file storage system available to KU students, faculty and staff. It allows users to upload, store, access, retrieve, and share files via the Internet using a web browser.
- Log in to your space using your KU Online ID
- Browser-based (works with all major web browsers)
- Encrypted file store
- Secure File Transfers
- OS-Independent web interface (can be used on Mac, PC and standard Linux distributions)
- 1 GB quota for user accounts
- Alternative to e-mail attachments (share files with colleagues off and on campus)
- WebDAV enabled Hawk Drive
- All current KU students, faculty and staff are provided a Hawk Drive account
- Students, faculty and staff accounts are removed when individuals leave KU
- Log in to the service using your KU Online ID and password.
- An account will automatically be created for you when you initially login to Hawk Drive. The account will be based on your KU Online ID.
- When you first login to the service your account will contain a folder/directory under Users2 that will match your KU Online ID.
- Once you have created an account you will have access to it anytime you log in.
- To quit your Hawk Drive session, click on the "log out" link next to your name in the top right corner of the page.
- The Hawk Drive server is backed up for disaster recovery purposes only. Restoration of individual files (e.g. due to accidental deletion by the user) is not a feature of the Hawk Drive service. For this reason it is critical that account holders maintain a current and complete backup locally of all files placed within their Hawk Drive account.
- Detailed instructions for various features are available by clicking the Help icon in Hawk Drive. This brings up the Hawk Drive Help screen which includes instructions categorized by topic.
If you have additional questions or need further assistance, please contact the IT Customer Service Center at (785)864-8080 or by e-mail at email@example.com.