Personal Profiles Enhance Blackboard
As of Jan. 27, all KU Blackboard users can now create a Blackboard profile. If you haven't logged in since before Jan. 27, you’ll see a welcome screen with details about the new Blackboard profile found in the global navigation menu.
Benefits for students:
- Connect with students in your classes for informal study groups
- Find other students with similar interests
- Get to know classmates with shared profiles (especially helpful for online classes)
- Keep your Blackboard profile if you continue your studies at other Blackboard universities
Benefits for faculty:
- Connect with faculty colleagues at other universities
- Develop your professional network
- Student engagement —Share your profile so students can get to know you better
- Your Blackboard profile stays with you at any Blackboard institution where you teach or study
Click the “Create My Profile” button on the welcome screen to get started. You control your profile content, including who can access your profile. You can keep your profile private or choose to share it with classmates, all Blackboard users at KU, or make it public so Blackboard users at other schools can see it.
Blackboard's new social learning tools allow you to discover, connect and collaborate not only with students and faculty in your specific courses, but also with students and faculty across KU, and at other colleges and universities around the world.
For more information about Blackboard and the new social learning tools, please visit blackboard.ku.edu or contact the KU IT Education Technologists at 864-2600.