New Look and Design for myKU Portal
KU Information Technology’s portal developers have been working to update the myKU portal to provide a better user experience. We listened to feedback from students, faculty and staff, and have redesigned the look and improved the functionality of the portal.
The updated myKU portal will launch on August 1, and will offer easier navigation and give you more control to customize the portal yourself.
Here are some of the changes you’ll see in the new updated site (see screenshot below):
- Left navigation bar is gone — The new design features a standard dashboard layout and a complete site index located at the bottom of every page.
- Advanced search options — If you are having trouble finding content, the search at the top of every page can get you to the content you’re looking for faster! It also will return contact details if you type the name of KU faculty, staff or student.
- Add personal dashboards — You can add and remove your own dashboards, customizing your experience by loading the myKU Apps you use the most.
- Moveable content — You can further personalize your experience by rearranging the myKU apps and even adding other apps from the Customize menu.
- Moveable Dashboards — If, for example, you use content on the Services Dashboard more often than any other, you can drag this dashboard in the menu to the first in the list and make it your home page. You also can do this with your personal dashboards.
- A “Favorites” app — If there are only a hand full of apps that you use on a regular basis, you can use the options menu to add those apps to your myKU favorites. Then, using the Favorites app (by default on the home page), you can bypass navigating through the menus directly to a full screen version of your favorite apps.
- Full mobile experience — The previous portal version offered a limited mobile experience. In the updated myKU, the full portal experience features a responsive design for phone or tablets that optimizes the view to the size of the screen you are using.