What would you create with a Raspberry Pi?
Tell us in 250 words or less for your chance to win your own Raspberry Pi, plus power cord and SD card!
The contest closed March 8. Our judges are evaluating the entries now and we'll announce the winner soon!
What would you do with a $35 computer that features 512MB RAM, 2 USB port and an Ethernet port? We want to know! Enter our contest for a chance to win a Raspberry Pi and make your idea into reality.
Our panel of judges will choose the winner based on:
- Cool Factor
- Practicality (We know you'd like to build a space ship. But, what could you really build with one Raspberry Pi?)
Need some inspiration? Check out these links, or Google "Raspberry Pi" yourself:
- Ten More Awesome Projects for Your Raspberry Pi
- 20 Awesome Projects for Raspberry Pi Microcomputers
- Ten pimped-out projects for the Raspberry Pi
- 10 Mind-Blowing Projects Made With A Tiny $35 Computer
- Raspberry Pi - Lego Supercomputer
- Contest is open only to currently enrolled KU students
- Submissions must be 250 words or less
- Entries will be judged on innovation (4 points), cool factor (4 points) and practicality (6 points) with a total of 14 points possible
- One winner will be chosen from eligible entries
- Decision of the three-judge panel is final
- Deadline to submit entries is March 8, 2013
- Students may enter more than once with different ideas
- Students may collaborate, but only one Raspberry Pi will be awarded
- Participants agree that KU IT may publicly share submitted entries on this website and/or through social media, including Facebook, Twitter and other communications channels
- Winner agrees that KU IT may publicly share his/her photo and submitted entry on this website and/or through social media, including Facebook, Twitter and other communications channels
The three-judge panel is comprised of two judges from the School of Engineering and one judge from KU Information Technology