What is SAS?
SAS is a flexible and extensible fourth-generation programming language designed for data access, transformation and reporting. More information about SAS is available on the vendor’s web site.
What versions of SAS are available?
Versions 9.3 and 9.2 (9.2 is license update only) for Windows and Linux are available for purchase.
How do I purchase SAS?
SAS licenses are valid from October 1 through September 30 of the following year. Licenses need to be renewed annually. Renewal orders for October 1, 2012 will be held and processed after the new code is received from the vendor.
Renewals or new orders can be completed online by filling out the SAS order form.
- KU Faculty, Staff, and Students can purchase the full version of SAS.
- KU Departments running computer labs can purchase the SAS Lab Pack, which allows departments to purchase SAS for lab machines at a reduced rate
How much does SAS cost?
- The full version of SAS (version 9.3) or a license renewal (versions 9.2 and 9.3) costs $150.00 per year, per license.
- KU Lab Pack
- $17 per machine. (KU Lab Use Only) Must be installed on two or more machines in a lab environment where machines are available for faculty, staff and students.
- Flash Drive for Media for Faculty and Staff ($70 each): Information Technology provides SAS installation software on 32 GB flash drives for $70 each. Each flash drive holds one version. Please indicate the number of flash drives desired for each version of SAS on the SAS order form.
- Flash Drive for Media for Students (included in license purchase): KU Information Technology provides SAS installation software on 32 GB flash drives with the purchase of a full version of SAS. Each flash drive holds one version (either 9.3 32-bit or 64-bit). Please indicate the number of flash drives desired for each version of SAS on the SAS order form.
- Depots (Departments only): An external hard drive containing depots of installation software for all both versions of the SAS software (SAS 9.3 32-bit and 64-bit) is available free of charge for departmental checkout for three days from KU Information Technology. This depot can be used to install the software to a machine or copied to a network drive for installation on multiple machines. The software may be installed on a server only as an installation point and may not be metered or run from the server.
What computers are eligible for a SAS Lab Pack?
The SAS Lab Pack allows departments to order SAS for computer labs at a reduced rate. In order to be eligible for this pricing, computer labs must meet the following criteria:
- Two or more computers owned by KU and KUMC schools, departments, or units
- Available for use by any student in the academic or administrative area
- Computers that are assigned to, or regularly used by, any full-time, part-time or temporary staff person or GTA/GRA do not qualify as lab computers and the full version of SAS must be purchased for each machine.
Where can I install SAS?
- KU Faculty, Staff, and Students can install one copy of SAS on a work computer and on one home computer (or laptop).
- KU Departments running computer labs can install SAS on lab machines at a reduced rate.
How do I learn to use SAS?
A list of workshops is available online. Go to the Filter workshop list menu on the right side of the screen,select Data Analysis and Statistics from the –by category- listing, then click the Filter button. For more information, call or email IT Client Consulting (864-0410 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Individual assistance is also available. To request individual assistance please call the IT Customer Service Center at 864-8080 or email email@example.com.
Where can I use SAS on campus?
SAS is installed in some computing labs on campus. For a complete list of labs at KU where SAS is installed, go to computer labs. Go to the Filter lab list menu to the right , select SAS from the-by software- listing, then click the Filter button.
If you have questions about purchasing or renewing SAS, please contact IT Customer Service Center at 864-8080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance installing or using SAS, please contact your department's technical support staff or call the IT Customer Service Center at 864-8080 or email email@example.com.