With your analog telephone, you have the ability to make a conference call that includes your phone line plus two others.
When you are on a telephone call and wish to add a third party to your conversation, simply press your FLASH button (or tap your switch-hook if you do not have a flash button). Wait for a dial tone and dial the third party's telephone number. When the third party answers the phone, simply press the FLASH button again (or tap your switch-hook) to link everyone together. If your third party does not answer the phone or you reach voicemail, simply press the FLASHbutton twice to release the third party.
With your digital or Voice over IP telephone, you have the ability to make a conference call that includes yourself and five other people (digital and VoIP telephones have a built-in caller ID display, lit buttons, and multiple call appearances).
When you are on a telephone call and wish to add a third party to your conversation, simply press CONFERENCE, dial the number of the third party, and when he or she answers the telephone, press CONFERENCE again to link everyone together. Repeat this step for each additional party you wish to add to your call. Remember, the limit is six including yourself.
Intercall offers telephone conferencing services and provides on-demand audio conferencing 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week without a reservation or using an operator. With budgetary approval by their funding authority, University departments may sign up any faculty or staff member for an Intercall audio conferencing account. Charges are $.0185 per minute per phone line used on the bridge and are billed to the Intercall account of the person hosting the call.
Please plan to request your account one working day before you will need to use the account.
Each Intercall account will be assigned:
- Toll free number which callers will use to dial into the audio conference
- Chairperson (host) code which should be known and used only by the account holder
- Conference (participant) code to be used by all other participants to access the call
Other available features:
- No reservations required.
- Automatic email notification to all participants listed in your contact list.
- One second billing.
- Call Control (Mute, Redial, Hold, Drop).
- Online Account Management
- Operator Assisted Calling
- Recording services available at no charge. (This feature does add an additional phone line to the conference call and will add $.0185/minute to the call costs.)