Installing Skype for Business
For KU-issued computers: Contact your department technical staff to install or update to Skype for Business 2015. If you are currently using Office 2010, you can ask to have Skype for Business installed without updating to Office 2013.
Personal computers - PC:
For personal Windows-based computers, faculty, staff and students can get Skype for Business at no cost as part of the Microsoft Office suite via Office 365 in myCommunity. See installation instructions
To sign in:
- Launch Skype for Business by selecting the Start Menu and searching for Skype for Business.
- Click on Skype for Business.
KU staff and faculty who are centralized: Skype for Business should automatically populate your username and ID and you won’t need to do the following.
- Under Sign in Address, enter yourKU primary email address.
- Under Username, enter the domain (home) followed by a backslash (\) and your KU Online ID (i.e. home\OnlineID).
- Under Password, enter your KU online password.
Skype for Business will automatically launch upon login for PC users unless you manually sign out.
There are multiple methods for signing out of Skype for Business. The easiest way to sign out is to:
- Select the drop-down menu for availability under your name. Select Sign Out to appear as Away or select Exit to appear Offline.
- Click on the settings icon in the interface.
- Select Personal from the left navigation.
- Deselect Automatically start the app when I log on to Windows.
- Select OK.