Advanced Voicemail Settings
How to view missed calls in the Skype for Business desktop interface:
- In the Skype for Business desktop interface, select the messages icon.
- Under Voice Mail, all messages will be listed.
How to receive a text notification for voicemail messages:
- Log into mail.ku.edu using your KU Online ID and password.
- Click on the gear icon, then choose options.
- Select phone in the left navigation.
- Click on set up notifications under the Notifications section.
- Select your locale and your mobile operator and click Next.
- Enter your mobile number and click Next.
- Enter the passcode that was sent to your mobile via text, then click Finish.
- In the menu below Notifications, select either I only want to receive text message notifications when I have voice messages, or I want to receive text notifications about missed calls and voice messages.
- Click Save.
How to set up a phone tree when someone reaches your voicemail:
Note: Setting up and implementing a voicemail phone tree will override any custom voicemail greeting that you have recorded. At this time, it is not possible to have both a custom recorded greeting and the system-generated options for a caller to be redirected to another number by entering a number.
- Using Internet Explorer, log in to mail.ku.edu. If you want to set up these options for a department or group number, you will need to log in as the department account. Contact your tech support if you need help logging in.
- Click on the gear icon on the top right and select Options.
- Under options go to Phone.
- Under Voice mail and call answering rules select the plus sign to create a new rule.
- New Call Answering Rule
- Give the rule a name, for example "Default Rule".
- Choose when you want to rule to go into effect. Options are:
- My automatic replies are turned on...
- My schedule shows that I am...
- The caller calls me at...
- If you have multiple accounts, you could choose one.
- Its' during this period...
- Working hours (Working hours must be set up in Outlook)
- Outside working hours (Working hours must be set up in Outlook)
- The following period (specify days and times)
- The caller is...
- Enter a phone number
- In my contacts folder (in Outlook)
- Among these people (select people from Outlook contacts)
- Apply to all calls (applies the rule to all calls that reach your voicemail).
- Choose what you want to have happen. Under "Do the following:," select Provide the caller with these options.
- Click on Transfer call.
- By For:, enter the person's or group's name (which will be spoken using text to speech).
- Using the Press the key: drop-down, choose the number option.
- By Phone number:, enter 4 and the 4-digit internal extension to transfer to (4####).
- Or choose a contact from your Outlook contacts.
- Choose Save.
- Set up any other options
- Note: # will always be the default for leave a message. If you remove it, the caller will keep hearing the options until they eventually hang up.
- Click on Transfer call.
- When you are done make sure you not only select Save on the New call answering rule window, but also select Save on the voice mail page as well.
Managing email and meetings with Skype for Business Phone Service
With Skype for Business Phone Service, you can call in and listen to your email messages and meetings from your calendar.
- Call the Outlook Voice Access number, 785-864-1900.
- Enter your voicemail PIN at the prompt.
- For email:
- Say “Email” to hear a listing of your email messages and have them read to you.
- For each message, you can say: Play, Next, Delete message, Reply, Reply all, Mark as Unread, Next Unread, Previous, Play Header, Call the Sender, Forward Message, Flag for Follow Up, Find by Name, Delete Conversation, or Hide Conversation
- For Calendar:
- Say “Calendar” and the day (for example, “Calendar for tomorrow”) to hear a listing of your meetings and details.
- For each meeting, you can say: Next, Cancel Meeting, Meeting Details, Play Header, Clear My Calendar, Attendance Details, Previous, First, Last, Next Day
- Say Main Menu to exit and return to the main menu.