Before starting to install Maple, you should be signed into the computer with administrative rights, with no other software running. You will need to restart your computer after completing the installation.
If you don't have administrative rights on the computer, please contact your department's technical support staff for assistance. LSS customers should call 864-0400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Insert the Maple installation disc into the CD-ROM drive. It should start the installation automatically. The installation process first installs the InstallAnywhere software, then Maple.
- After the InstallAnywhere setup completes, the Maple installation screen will appear. Click Next to continue:
- At the License Agreement screen, click on I accept the terms of the License Agreement and click Next to continue.
- Accept the default location by clicking Next.
- Most users will want to choose Full Installation and click Next.
- Choose whether you want a Maple shortcut on your Desktop and click Next.
- Accept the default folder for Watcom and click Next.
- Click Network License and click Next.
- When prompted for the License Server, enter ires.ku.edu and click Next.
- Confirm that everything is correct and click Next. The software will begin installing.
- Unlike most boring installation screens that are mainly advertising, the screen that appears while Maple is installing describes online resources at www.maplesoft.com/welcome and is actually worth reading. Maplesoft has excellent training documents and customer service to support their product. A visit to the www.maplesoft.com/welcome page will get you started.
- When Maple is done installing, click Finish to exit the installation. You will then be prompted to restart your computer.
- After rebooting the computer, open the Maple software. If you are asked whether to block Maple choose Unblock. Maple will open and is ready to use if you are on-campus. If you are accessing Maple from off-campus, you will need to turn on KU Anywhere before using Maple.