Read & Write is a comprehensive educational tool designed to support reading, writing, research, and studying for all students, particularly those with reading and writing, learning disabilities and who are learning English.
Read&Write customizable toolbar provides reading, writing, studying, and research support tools within familiar applications, such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Adobe Reader and web browsers.
Benefits of Read&Write:
- Improves reading fluency and comprehension
- Facilitates research, writing, studying and test taking
- Integrates with mainstream applications
- Encourages independence and inclusion
- Prepares students for success in college and careers
- Teachable word prediction, phonetic spell checker and picture dictionary for writing support
- Text-to-speech and programmable speech-to-text
- Tools for collecting & organizing research
Watch the Read&Write features video to learn more.
Students, faculty and staff can download the software for home and office use at no cost. To download, click the link that corresponds with your operating system:
- After installing, Read&Write will ask for an activation code the first time you run the software. No activation code is necessary. Just click "Activate" to use the software.
- You may need to change your security settings under your system preferences to allow for apps to be downloaded from anywhere in order to download this software.
By default Read&Write ships with the most popular voices for your region.
- Choose your additional voices from the list below, download and install onto a machine running the Read&Write software.
- Start Read&Write, navigate to speech options, press the "Search" button and select your newly installed voice.
- The voice should now be available from the speech options drop down list.
- US English Allison
- US English Samantha
- French Canadian Nicolas
- Portuguese Luciana
- Portuguese Felipe
- French Thomas
- French Audrey
- French Aurelie
- Scottish Fiona
- Spanish Monica
- German Anna
- German Yannick
- Belgian Ellen
- Dutch Claire
- Polish Zosia
- Swedish Alva
- Norwegian Nora
- Italian Alice
- South African Tessa
- Australian Karen
- Australian Lee
- Irish Moira
- French Canadian Amelie
Technical Support is available through the Texthelp Support Center.
PLEASE NOTE: After installing, Read&Write will ask for an activation code the first time you run the software. No activation code is necessary. Just click "Activate" to use the software.