Sophos Antivirus for Windows
Other antivirus programs will stop you from installing Sophos Anti-virus or otherwise interfere with Sophos. Please follow the instructions below to uninstall other antivirus software you may have on your computer.
Uninstalling Antivirus Programs
- Click on the Start button, and choose Settings, and then Control Panel or (Windows XP and above: It's just Start then Control Panel).
- In Control Panel double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Look for antivirus programs such as those listed below and click on Remove to uninstall them.
- Command anti-virus
- LiveUpdate (Symantec Corporation)
- LiveReg (Symantec Corporation)
- Norton Anti-Virus
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Sophos AutoUpdate
- Sophos Remote Management System
- Sophos Remote Update*
* To uninstall Sophos Remote Update, right-click on the Blue Dots icon ( down on your taskbar, near the clock) and choose EXIT. Then remove Remote Update from the Add/Remove Programs window.
NOTE: If you are asked to restart your computer after uninstalling any of these applications, please do so.