Supported Email Clients
Microsoft Outlook is the recommended and supported email client for KU email services for both Windows and Mac.
Please select from the options below for information about Outlook, alternate email clients for Mac, configuration instructions and support.
Microsoft Outlook (2013 & 2016):
For more on Outlook, check out these Microsoft resources:
Get Outlook 2016:
Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac:
Mac users who are running Mac OS 10.10 or higher should use Outlook 2016 for Mac. Mac users running OS 10.9 or lower should use Outlook 2011 for Mac. Check out these Microsoft resources to learn about the new features available in Outlook for Mac:
- Outlook for Mac 2016 basics - Overview to get comfortable with Outlook 2016.
- Outlook for Mac 2011 basics - Overview to get comfortable with Outlook 2011.
- Outlook for Mac 2016 training - Learn the basic steps to using Outlook 2016.
- Outlook for Mac 2011 training - Videos and tutorials to teach you about basics and new features
- Configure Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Configure Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Configure connection to the KU email system.
Get Outlook for Mac
Other Supported Email Clients for Mac
Although Outlook for Mac is the recommended email client, there are several alternate email client options to access KU email services. Older versions of clients, not listed here, are not compatible with Exchange 2010. KU Information Technology can support the following configurations:
- Outlook Web App (OWA) - OWA 2010 supports the complete, premium experience on Mac OS X with Safari or Firefox. Learn about Outlook Web App.
- MacMail - Mac users who are running Mac OS 10.5.4 and 10.6 can also use MacMail.
- Entourage Exchange Web Services (EWS) Edition - If you have an older Mac, you may need to upgrade to Entourage EWS.
*To determine the version of Mac OS, go to the "Apple" menu, and click "About This Mac."