Advanced Voicemail Settings
How to receive a text notification for voicemail messages:
- Log in to mail.ku.edu using your KU Online ID and password.
- Click on the gear icon, then choose options.
- Select phone in the left navigation.
- Click on set up notifications under the Notifications section.
- Select your locale and your mobile operator and click Next.
- Enter your mobile number and click Next.
- Enter the passcode that was sent to your mobile via text, then click Finish.
- In the menu below Notifications, select either I only want to receive text message notifications when I have voice messages, or I want to receive text notifications about missed calls and voice messages.
- Click Save.
How to view missed calls in the Skype for Business desktop interface:
- In the Skype for Business desktop interface, select the History tab.
- All messages will be listed.
How to view missed messages on your Skype for Business-enabled desk phone:
- Touch the home button to view the home screen.
- You will see a small red number on the phone icon.
- Select the phone icon and then select recent to see missed calls.
Managing email and meetings with Skype for Business Phone Service
With Skype for Business Phone Service, you can call in and listen to your email messages and meetings from your calendar.
- Call the Outlook Voice Access number, 785-864-1900 or 4-1900.
- Enter your voicemail PIN at the prompt.
- For email:
- Say “Email” to hear a listing of your email messages and have them read to you.
- For each message, you can say: Play, Next, Delete message, Reply, Reply all, Mark as Unread, Next Unread, Previous, Play Header, Call the Sender, Forward Message, Flag for Follow Up, Find by Name, Delete Conversation, or Hide Conversation
- For Calendar:
- Say “Calendar” and the day (for example, “Calendar for tomorrow”) to hear a listing of your meetings and details.
- For each meeting, you can say: Next, Cancel Meeting, Meeting Details, Play Header, Clear My Calendar, Attendance Details, Previous, First, Last, Next Day
- Say Main Menu to exit and return to the main menu.