When you record a Lync Meeting, you capture audio, video, instant messaging (IM), screen sharing, PowerPoint slides, whiteboard, and polling. Any of the presenters can record a meeting and save it on their computers.
- You’ll need to plug into a power source to record a meeting.
- Unlike with Adobe Connect, the recording of the meeting is saved on your local computer. Once the meeting is finished, the video will need to process. To share the video, you’ll need to upload it to a host, such as mediahub.ku.edu to be able to share with a URL.
- When you begin recording, all attendees are notified.
To record a meeting or conversation
Before beginning to record, plug in to a power source.
- In the meeting window, click More Options , and then click Start Recording.
- Use the controls at the bottom of the meeting room to pause, resume, or stop the recording.
After the recording is stopped, Lync will process the recording and save it in a format that plays in Windows Media Player.
To play, rename, or delete a recording
- Go to the Recording Manager by selecting the black drop-down icon by the options icon. Select Tools and then select Recording Manager.
- Click on the record and then select Play, Browse, or Delete.
To share the recording using a URL using Media Hub
Media Hub is an online media host that is automatically available to all KU students, faculty, and staff at no cost.
- Launch a web browser and go to mediahub.ku.edu.
- Log in using your KU Online ID and password.
- Select Media Upload and then select +Choose a file to upload.
- Navigate to your video(s). By default, they will be stored under My Videos > Lync Recordings under your user profile. Select the file and then select Open.
- You file will automatically start uploading. When it is done, select Go to media page.
- Under the video, click the Share tab. You will now see the hyperlink for the video, or you can choose Embed to get options for embedding the video.