By default, all incoming emails arrive in the Inbox. To manage and maintain organization, folders can be created within your inbox and emails filed for reference later.
Examples of folders include:
- Personal folder – information from HR/Pay, absence requests, etc.
- Individual folders for people, meetings, or projects
How to create a folder:
- Right-click on the Inbox folder.
- Choose New Folder.
- Type a name for the folder.
- Press Enter on the keyboard to save the name.
How to file an email within a folder:
- Select an email from the inbox.
- Drag and drop the email into a folder.
Note: If the folders in the inbox are not visible, click on the small black arrow next to Inbox to expand the list.