Print from Anywhere
Print from Anywhere allows you to print from your personal computer, laptop or mobile devices to multifunction printers located in computer labs, libraries and other campus locations. To print, you select the building where you want to pick up your documents and upload your file(s). Your uploaded document(s) will be held in a queue for two hours, allowing you to release your print job at any printer in the building you selected. To release your print job, go to any printer in the building within two hours and follow the regular log in process.
Instructions for non-iOS devices (i.e., PC laptops, MacBooks, Android, etc.)
Instructions for iOS devices (i.e., iPad, iPhone)
Benefits of Using Print from Anywhere
It makes your life easier! Here’s how:
You are sitting in Milton’s in the Kansas Union working on your laptop. You just finished an amazing essay. Now you need to print it. Previously your best option would be to save the document to a USB or some location online, walk to the computer lab, and log into a computer and then print your document. Now, you can print online right from your laptop, go directly to the printer you selected, log in to get your printed document!
Things to Know About Using Print from Anywhere
- You need to have a KU Online ID to access the service.
- You need to have funds in your free printing account or on your Beak ‘Em Bucks account. If you don’t, you need to add money to your KU Card.
- We have provided easy to follow instructions for printing from iPhones and iPads (iOS) or all other computers, laptops and mobile devices. (Please note: iOS procedures are different than other devices).
- You can print at any of these campus locations.
- Print jobs are only retained in the printer queue for two hours.
- Supported file types include: Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Microsoft XPS, and PDF.
- A complete document must be printed; there is currently no ability to mark specific pages for printing.
- Only single-sided printing is currently available. The duplex printing feature will be added as a future enhancement, when available.
- File size of a print job cannot exceed 100MB.
- Your personal device must be connected to the Internet to access and use Print from Anywhere (no offline capabilities).
If you need assistance please review the information on the Getting Help page.