Five components make up the basic elements of myCommunity: 1) OneDrive for Business, 2) Office 365, 3) Project Sites, 4) Team Sites, 5) Community Sites.
Key Features of myCommunity:
• Access controls
• Personal profile page
• Discussion forums
• Mobile apps
• Task and project management
• Simultaneous co-authoring
• File storage & sharing
• Document sharing
• Document versioning
• 1TB of personal storage
Data Management and Collection
• Web forms
• Data filters
• Custom views
Integration with other tools
• Skype for Business (formerly Lync)
Quick Start Videos:
Get an overview of the myCommunity basics in less than five minutes with our Quick Start videos:
• myCommunity Quick Start Video for Students
• myCommunity Quick Start Video for Faculty & Staff
Get an overview of OneDrive for Business and Office 365 with our Getting Started videos:
• Getting Started with OneDrive for Business
• Getting Started with Office 365
We offer the following instructor-led courses on myCommunity:
- myCommunity - Getting Started: Focuses on your personal use of myCommunity, including OneDrive for Business and Office 365. Concludes with a preview/demo of team sites.
- myCommunity - Intermediate: Focuses on setting up and customizing team sites, including adding apps, creating columns and views, and adding and editing web pages.
- myCommunity - Site Owner: Focuses on planning and creating sites and managing the permissions for sites.
You can register for workshops at workshops.ku.edu. Or, you can take the course on your own by going to the myCommunity Help Site and choosing the Intermediate or Site Owner courses.
To learn more, log in to myCommunity with your KU online ID and click on "Help" to explore documentation and guides, training, FAQs, site request information and the myCommunity framework. Or, use the following direct links. Remember to enter your KU Email Address (ending in @ku.edu) to advance to the KU login page:
Documentation & Guides
Site Request Information
Most data classified as "Level 1 - Confidential Information" by the KU Data Classification & Handling Policy, including information protected by HIPPA (health info), GLB (financials) and PCI (e-commerce), cannot be stored in myCommunity or on KU group file storage or personal file storage, including OneDrive for Business. For a complete list of data classified as "Level 1" please see the KU Data Classification & Handling Policy: Appendix 1. Please contact your Technology Support Staff regarding the special permissions and processes required to store Level 1 data.