Change How Calls Are Answered on an Enabled Phone
You have the following options
- Forwarding all calls to another person.
- Rejecting calls from a contact.
- Diverting calls from a contact to another person.
- Temporarily refusing all calls by enabling Do Not Disturb.
You can set up your phone to forward all calls to another number, even if the Do Not Disturb feature is enabled. Call forwarding is not available on shared lines.
How to forward all calls to another person:
- From the Home view, select Forward.
- If your phone is set up with multiple lines, select the line to apply forwarding to.
- From the Forwarding Type Select screen, select:
- Forward to a Contact
- Forward to Voicemail
- If forwarding to a contact, enter the person's phone number as the ten-digit phone number starting with area code (###-###-####), and select OK.
- The forwarding number you chose displays in the status bar.
How to disable call forwarding:
- From Home view, select Forward.
- If your phone is set up with multiple lines, select the line to disable forwarding.
- Select Disable.
Using Do Not Disturb
Enabling Do Not Disturb (DND) stops your phone from ringing and sends all incoming calls directly to voicemail. All calls you receive while DND is enabled are logged to your Recent Calls list.
When you enable Do Not Disturb, the following happens:
- The Do Not Disturb icon displays in the status bar.
- If your phone is idle, the Do Not Disturb icon, displays next to your phone line in Lines view. If you have new messages or forwarding enabled, the messages or forwarding icon will display instead.
- The DND icon in Home view changes.
Note: Enabling Do Not Disturb on shared lines disables ringing only. You’ll still see a visual notification of the call and have the option to answer the call.
To toggle Do Not Disturb on and off:
- From Home view, select DND.
Setting up Favorites
Contacts that you add as Favorites within your Skype for Business Contact List in the desktop interface will appear on your phone’s default screen.
How to add a contact to Favorites:
- Right click on a contact within Skype for Business.
- Choose Add to Favorites.
How to add a phone number to Favorites:
- Type the number in the search box either in the contact view or phone view of the Skype for Business desktop interface.
- Right click on the number and choose Add to favorites.