Instant messaging in Skype for Business makes quick conversations easy by allowing you to see a person or group's availability first. If conversations become more complex, you can easily add in voice or video.
Send an instant message to one person
- Locate the person you want to send an instant message to by searching in the Contacts tab or select from your Contacts list.
- Start an instant message in one of the following ways:
- Select the contact then, select the message icon in the window.
- Double-click anywhere on the contact listing.
- Hold down control on the keyboard and select the contact. Then, select Send an Instant Message.
- Type your message at bottom of the conversation window.
- Press Enter or Return on your keyboard to send the message.
Invite another contact to a conversation
- Start an instant message conversation using one of the methods above.
- Select the person with the + icon.
- Search for a contact.
- Double-click on the contact’s name to add them to the conversation.
Send separate instant messages to different people
You can have separate instant message conversations with different people at the same time. For example, you might be sending instant messages to your manager in one conversation, while checking with another person or group in another conversation.
- Start an instant message conversation using the steps above.
- Double-click on the conversation to open it in a new window.
- Without closing the existing conversation, repeat the steps above to start a completely new conversation with another contact, number, or group.
Tip: To set the preference for messages to open in a new window by default, select Skype for Business from the top menu. Then, select Preferences > General > Show conversations in separate windows.
Add voice to a conversation
You can quickly add audio to your IM conversation by selecting the Call Icon > Skype Call. You can continue using Instant Message while you talk.
Note: You can only add voice to an instant message when you are chatting with someone else logged into Skype for Business.
Add video to a conversation
You can quickly add video to your IM conversation by selecting the Camera Icon > Start Video. You can continue using Instant Message while you talk.
Note: Video can only be added to instant messages when you are chatting with someone else logged into Skype for Business.
End a conversation
When you’re done with an instant message conversation, select the Close button in the upper-left corner of the conversation window.
By default, instant messages and voice and video call logs are available in Skype for Business and in an automatically generated folder in Outlook called Conversation History.
To view your conversation history in Skype for Business:
- Launch Skype for Business.
- Select Chats from the left menu.
To view your conversation history in Outlook:
- Launch Outlook or log in at mail.ku.edu.
- Look for a folder below your inbox called Conversation History.