Use SigmaPlot to perform graphical data analyses and to create publication quality scientific graphs.
SigmaPlot is licensed to the University of Kansas by Systat Software Inc. and may be used by faculty, staff and graduate students employed by KU.
Here are step-by-step instructions to guide you through the installation of SigmaPlot.
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows 7 & Windows Vista:
- 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Processor
- 1 GB of System Memory
- 100 MB of Available Hard Disk Space
- CD-ROM Drive
- 800x600 SVGA/256 Color Display or better
- Internet Explorer Version 6 or better
- Locate the email sent to you by email@example.com, the one that contains the license code for SigmaPlot. Download the attachment (sigmaplot12.lic) to your Desktop (right-click on the attachment, then Save).
- Insert SigmaPlot CD into CD drive. When this screen appears click on Install SigmaPlot 12.
(If this screen does not appear automatically, go to My Computer and double-click on SigmaPlot icon.
- Read and Accept the License Agreement in order to proceed with the installation. Click Next.
- Enter the Serial Number you received by email, and your name and organization. Click Next.
- Choose License File then click the Browse button and browse to the license file you downloaded to your desktop. When you find it, click on it to select it, then click Open. Click Next.
- Browse to the License File provided with your license. (Note: downloading may add a .txt extension to the file name -- that's okay, be calm, go with it.)
- Click Next to accept the default installation location.
- You may accept the default installation (installs everything) by clicking Next. Or you may explore the Disk Cost button. Also, you can reduce the amount of disk space SigmaPlot uses by not installing all the pieces: click on the scroll arrow next to a component you do not wish to install (Samples, PDF Manuals, etc) then click on Entire feature will be unavailable. This de-selects that component and it will NOT be installed. Click Next when finished.
- Watch. When the installation finishes, remove the CD, start SigmaPlot and create a graph.
Difficulties installing SigmaPlot?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call
Mickey at 864-0454 or call the IT Customer Service Center at 864-8080