Use of web site hosting space on people.ku.edu
Memorandum of Understanding
- Personal web site hosting is for the exclusive use of the currently enrolled student, faculty member, staff member, or approved affiliate of the University of Kansas requesting the service (the user). The user is responsible for all use of their registered service.
- Personal web site accounts are subject to the University of Kansas Password Policy which includes detailed information about the creation, changing, protection, and sharing of passwords. Users must be familiar with this policy.
- Use of this service is regulated by the policies of Information Technology and the University of Kansas. Policies include but may not be limited to
- If the user withdraws from the University of Kansas, or if the user's employment is terminated, Information Technology will disable and delete his or her personal web site.
- The user is responsible for making backup copies of any data he or she wishes to protect. No file restores will be performed except for recovery after central computing system hardware or software failure.