To use Virtual Lab, students go to virtuallab.ku.edu and log in using their KU Online ID and password (click the "How To" tab for details). Our licensing allows up to 250 users to access Virtual Lab at the same time. Once the 250 maximum has been reached, additional users will receive an alert and won't be able to log on until existing users log off. KU IT will regularly monitor the demand for this service and adjust the number of licenses as we see the demand decreasing or increasing.
Students can save a profile on Virtual Lab, however it does not provide storage space. Work must be saved to a local hard drive, KU's Hawk Drive or third-party cloud storage. NOTE: After one hour of idle time, Virtual Lab will disconnect and any unsaved work will be lost.
KU Technology wants to provide the most relevant applications to your academic success. Help us continuously improve the Virtual Lab by submitting suggestions of new additional applications.
Submit suggestions for software you'd like to see in Virtual Lab.
• Internet Explorer 10.0 through 6.0 — Connections to StoreFront or Web Interface support the 32-bit mode of Internet Explorer.
• Mozilla Firefox 18.x (minimum supported version)
• Google Chrome 20.x (minimum supported version)
The following list of requirements specifies edition or service pack only where support is limited:
• Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (including Embedded Edition)
• Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (including Embedded Edition)
• Windows XP Professional, 32-bit and 64-bit editions
• Windows XP Embedded • Windows Vista, 32-bit and 64-bit editions • Windows Thin PC
• Windows Server 2012, 64-bit edition
• Windows Server 2008 R2, 64-bit edition (not supported by XenDesktop connections)
• Windows Server 2008, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (not supported by XenDesktop connections)
• Windows Server 2003, 32-bit and 64-bit editions (not supported by XenDesktop connections)
• Safari 7.0 through 6.0
• Mozilla Firefox 22.x (minimum supported version)
• Google Chrome 28.x (minimum supported version)
• Mac OS X 10.9
• Mac OS X 10.8
• Mac OS X 10.7
• Mac OS X 10.6
Go to virtuallab.ku.edu and log in with your KU Online ID and password. You will be prompted to download and install the Citrix Receiver application. After the download and installation, you can then launch any of the applications available in KU Virtual Lab. (You can find detailed instructions in our Knowledgebase.)
For mobile device setup, please follow instructions in our Knowledgebase.
Additional instructions and troubleshooting is documented in our Knowledgebase.