A comprehensive educational tool designed to support reading, writing, research and studying for all students, particularly those with reading-and-writing learning disabilities and those who are learning English. Read&Write's customizable toolbar provides support tools within familiar applications, such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Adobe Reader and web browsers.
- Improves reading fluency and comprehension.
- Facilitates research, writing, studying and test taking.
- Integrates with mainstream applications.
- Encourages independence and inclusion.
- Teachable word prediction, phonetic spell checker and picture dictionary for writing support.
- Text-to-speech and programmable speech-to-text.
- Tools for collecting and organizing research.
Students, faculty and staff can download the software for home and office use at no cost through the texthelp website.
Please note: After installing, Read&Write will require you to sign-in. Select “Sign in with Microsoft,” then enter your KU email address. You should then be redirected to a KU sign-in page.
Training and Tutorials —
Guides are available under "Knowledgebase" on the Read&Write website.