A comprehensive educational tool designed to support reading, writing, research and studying for all students, particularly those with reading-and-writing learning disabilities and those who are learning English. Read&Write's customizable toolbar provides support tools within familiar applications, such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Adobe Reader and web browsers.
- Improves reading fluency and comprehension.
- Facilitates research, writing, studying and test taking.
- Integrates with mainstream applications.
- Encourages independence and inclusion.
- Teachable word prediction, phonetic spell checker and picture dictionary for writing support.
- Text-to-speech and programmable speech-to-text.
- Tools for collecting and organizing research.
Students, faculty and staff can download the software for home and office use at no cost through the KU Software Web Store.
Technical Support is available through the Texthelp Support Center.
Please note: After installing, Read&Write will require you to sign-in. Select “Sign in with Microsoft,” then enter your KU email address. You should then be redirected to a KU sign-in page.
Training and Tutorials —
Guides are available under "Knowledgebase" on the Read&Write website.