Create a Lecture Capture Account:
To create an account, and schedule a recording, complete the KU Lecture Capture Request Form ». After you submit the form, IT support staff will contact you for a brief consultation.
Is Your Room Equipped for Kaltura Classroom?
- Go to classrooms.ku.edu
- Find your room by building or type
- Review Amenities to see if the room is equipped for Lecture Capture
- If your room does not have Lecture Capture listed as an amenity, contact IT Classroom Support at 785-864-1200 to discuss alternatives for relocating your class or to request that equipment can be added.
Setting Up Lecture Capture for the Entire Semester
To ensure availability of a Lecture Capture classroom, and to avoid delays in getting lectures posted to Blackboard and Canvas, we recommend that you schedule your Lecture Capture as early as possible – at least one month prior to the start of the term. Here are the steps to schedule recordings for the entire semester:
If you want to automatically publish captured videos to Blackboard and Canvas, please provide the following information:
- The 5-digit CRN of the course you would like to record.
- The Course ID for the Blackboard course you would like the links to be posted to. If you want the lecture posted in more than one course, or you have a multi-section Blackboard course, be sure to specify.
- To locate the Course ID for your Blackboard course, go to the Blackboard course and click on Files in the Control Panel. The Course ID will appear underneath.
Once you have booked your classroom and scheduled your recordings, you are all set – just show up and hold class as usual. Your class will be recorded at the scheduled time and will be posted in Blackboard automatically. You will receive an email notification when the link has been posted.
If you need to cancel class, contact the IT Lecture Capture Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Media Production Studio at 785-864-6452 to cancel the recording for the day.
Setting Up a One-time Recording
In addition to recording your regular classes, you can also schedule one-time recordings, such as for another section you will miss or to record special class sessions (e.g., guest speakers, class presentations, etc.). Instructors can also schedule a practice recording session so they can see how the room is set up and how lectures will look for students. To schedule a practice session, contact the support staff for your classroom location.
Instructors have the option of making recordings available to students through Blackboard and/or by providing a direct link in an email. Below are instructions for accessing recordings and live streaming events in Blackboard.