KU students, faculty and staff are encouraged to set up self-service password recovery options through MyIdentity Services by choosing Account Recovery Options under Passwords Services.
We recommend setting up both of the following options:
- Challenge questions — Select five questions and answers for validating your password reset request.
- Recovery email address — A non-KU email address that can be used to reset your password.
If a self-service recovery option is not set up on your account, you will need to contact the IT Customer Service Center for assistance in resetting your password and account.
If you cannot reset your password through self-service, the KU IT Customer Service Center can reset your password. Customer Service Staff must verify your identity before resetting your password. Most methods require showing a valid form of government-issued identification to be shown in-person or through a video call.
Contact the IT Customer Service Center through one of the following methods:
- Call 785-864-8080 to set up a Skype, Teams, Zoom or FaceTime video call. If you previously contacted KU IT and have a ticket number, please give that number to the IT CSC staff member assisting you.
- Visit the IT Customer Service Center walk-up location in Anschutz Library, room 201.
- If you use Duo to log in to your KU account, call 785-864-8080 to confirm identity via Duo push authentication.
- Start a chat by using the web chat function found on the homepage of this website.
You will need the following for a password reset:
- Government issued identification, such as KU Card, drivers license, passport, etc.
- Webcam (for video calls)
- If you do not have access to a webcam, please use the walk-up location or call 785-864-8080 for additional options.
*We cannot accept a picture, scan, or copy of the ID, including emailed pictures, scans, or copies of the ID.