KU IT rebranded SharePoint "myCommunity" some years ago and has reverted branding to Office 365. myCommunity is built on SharePoint, and the videos below give instruction on the legacy version of that application. "Getting started" OneDrive and Office 365 are at bottom.
Quickstart myCommunity Videos:
Get an overview of the myCommunity basics in less than five minutes with our Quick Start videos:
• myCommunity Quick Start Video for Students
• myCommunity Quick Start Video for Faculty & Staff
Get an overview of OneDrive for Business and Office 365 with our Getting Started videos:
• Getting Started with OneDrive for Business
• Getting Started with Office 365
We offer the following instructor-led courses on myCommunity:
- myCommunity - Getting Started: Focuses on your personal use of myCommunity and includes information on OneDrive for Business and Office 365. Concludes with a preview/demo of Microsoft Teams.
- myCommunity - Intermediate: Focuses on setting up and customizing Teams sites, including adding apps, creating columns and views and adding and editing web pages.
- myCommunity - Site Owner: Focuses on planning and creating sites and managing the permissions for sites.
You can register for workshops at workshops.ku.edu. Or, you can take the course on your own by going to the myCommunity Help Site and choosing the Intermediate or Site Owner courses.
To learn more, log in to myCommunity with your KU online ID and click on "Help" to explore documentation and guides, training, FAQs, site request information and the myCommunity framework. Or, use the following direct links. Remember to enter your KU Email Address (ending in @ku.edu) to advance to the KU login page:
Documentation & Guides
Site Request Information
For non-technical issues (e.g., site access requests, other site issues, etc.) related to specific SharePoint or Teams sites, please contact the site owner.