Duo Security is a multi-factor authentication application that allows organizations to ensure the identity of the users who log in to their systems. Duo works through an app on a smartphone, or through text notification to a registered user. If the mobile app or texts are not options for you, please contact your IT Support Staff to discuss other options.
Learn more about multi-factor authentication at KU.
- Full-time employees, Part-time non-student employees, Graduate Teaching Aassistants and Graduate Research Assistants get access to Duo on the date printed on their offer letter.
- Student hourly employees – Not all departments require student hourly employees to have access to Duo. If your department requires Duo, you supervisor should send an email to email@example.com requesting Duo access for you.
- Students (not student employees) – Do not need Duo to log into any KU systems.
How do I get a token device?
Using the Duo app on your smartphone is the easiest and most convenient way to confirm your identity. If the mobile app is not an option for you, follow the process below to obtain a free token device.
- Request a token device at kusoftware.ku.edu (log in required)
- You will receive an email confirming your request
- You will receive a second email when your token device is ready to be picked up
- Bring a government-issued photo ID (e.g., KU Card, driver's license, etc.) to the IT Customer Service Center in Anschutz Library (see walk-in support hours).
Full-time employees do not need approval to request a token device. If a student employee requests a token device, KU IT will verify that the department requires student employees to use multi-factor authentication.
If you have questions about ordering a token, contact the IT Customer Service Center at 785-864-8080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support is available through your IT Support Staff or the KU Information Technology Customer Service Center: email@example.com | 785-864-8080
Support | Duo Security - Documentation, Knowledge Base, System Status, End-user Guide