Microsoft Teams meeting recordings will be stored in OneDrive or SharePoint
Microsoft is changing the location where Microsoft Teams meeting recordings are stored. After Dec. 21, recordings of your Microsoft Teams meetings will be stored in OneDrive for Business or Sharepoint. Recordings were previously stored in Microsoft Stream.
OneDrive for Business
Recordings of regular meetings not scheduled in a Teams Channel, including 1-on-1 calls and multi-person chats, will be stored in a folder called Recordings in the OneDrive of the person who started the recording. The recording will automatically be shared with all KU participants of the meeting. If there were external participants to the meeting, a link to the recording must be manually shared with them via the normal OneDrive/SharePoint sharing mechanism.
For meetings scheduled in a Teams Channel, or started using Meet Now in a Teams Channel, the recording will be stored in the files section of that Channel under a folder called Recordings. It will be available to all members of that particular Team.
Why the Change?
This change brings some improvements to the way videos are stored and shared:
- Recordings will be available directly in OneDrive/SharePoint instead of requiring accessing to the Stream portal. OneDrive and SharePoint provide simpler sharing options than the Stream portal.
- Provides the ability to share recordings with external users.
- Saved recordings will be made available more quickly than those currently being saved to Stream.
- Captions will no longer generated for recordings, for the time being. While Microsoft plans to add captioning, they have not announced when the functionality will be available. Until then, adding captioning will require manually uploading the recording to Stream or KU’s MediaHub. Learn how to upload: Stream | MediaHub
- Videos will no longer play directly in the Teams client and will instead launch in a web browser.
- You will not receive an email notification about the recording; instead, a link will appear in the Chat or Channel where the meeting was recorded.
Microsoft will continue to work to refine and improve the functionality of Teams recordings, including adding the captioning feature. KU Information Technology will provide information as new features and functionality are added.
If you have questions or comments about meeting recordings or Microsoft Teams in general, please contact the KU IT Customer Service Center at email@example.com or 785-864-8080.