Free Student Printing
Currently enrolled students at KU are supplied with $8.00 worth of free printing during the Spring and Fall semesters, and $4.00 during the Summer semester. This amount is added the week classes begin, and removed a week after finals. Once your free printing allocation is used, you will need to add money to your KU Card before you can print or copy. After you log in to a computer in a central campus location, you will see a notice on the computer screen if you do not have enough funds to process the request.
Students who are employed by the university as Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) do not receive $8/$4 in free printing each semester. GTAs can get free printing in the Graduate Student Lounge located in Watson Library. Faculty and staff do not receive free printing. In order to receive $8.00 of free printing at the start of each semester, students must meet the following criteria:
- Students must have a KU Card - If you have just received your KU Card, free printing funds will be available to you the following day.
- Student must be currently enrolled in classes - If you have just enrolled in KU classes, your free printing funds will be available to you the following day.
- Student must have a registered KU email address - For new students, please complete setting up a KU Online ID by going to https://myidentity.ku.edu/setup.
- Students who are employed by the university as Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTAs) are not eligible for the $8/$4 each semester in free printing.
- Free printing is only available during the academic semester. This usually goes into effect the week classes begin, and ends a week after finals.
- Is the student logged in to the computer with their own Online ID? Sometimes a student may sit down at a machine which has already been authenticated.